IBS and Low FODMAP Packages
low FODMAP diet
Have you tried lots of things to help manage your IBS but nothing has quite worked? Not quite sure what to do next? I can help.
If you’ve been diagnosed with IBS by your GP and recommended to trial a low FODMAP diet, I can help you to implement the different phases – tracking your food, activity and symptoms in detail and ensure that you’re getting what you need from your diet. Unfortunately, there is no cure for IBS – but there is a lot that can be done to help you manage your symptoms.
This could involve the full low FODMAP diet protocols, or use a less restrictive version that may suit you better – it may even not need to include it at all. The low FODMAP diet isn’t suitable for everyone and there are much less restrictive options that should be tried first.
If you do trial it and it doesn’t work for you, we’ll then move onto another method. Everybody is different and so is how they experience IBS – we will talk through all of these options at your first appointment to make sure that whatever we do is a good fit for you and your lifestyle.
There’s so much confusing information about nutrition and health out there – it’s my job as a dietitian to decipher it all and work with you to figure out what works for you and your lifestyle.
The four session package runs over three months and includes:
- Initial 1 hour appointment including an email summary of the session with your aims and goals, plus a full report for your GP that you’ll also receive a copy of.
- Written material and help with choosing app’s to guide you thorough the exclusion phase if you do trial a low FODMAP diet
- 3 x 40 minute follow-up appointments – as you go through the different stages of the diet or changes made and tailor your final results to best help your symptoms and ensure you’re eating a balanced diet with foods that you enjoy.
- A comprehensive dietary analysis following any interventions and reintroductions to make sure you’re getting what you need in terms of nutrition.
- Between sessions, I’ll be there to reply to any queries you may have via email or phone.
- Personalised meal ideas and recipes plus ideas for practical food swaps that fit with your work and lifestyle.
- Advice on supplements.
- I’ll also work with your GP to ensure that you have any tests that may be required.
This four session plan aims to give you the tools you need to understand your symptoms and identify what could be affecting them. IBS is multifactorial and so we will talk through all of the things that could potentially be affecting your symptoms and find the best way for you to help manage them.
Ultimately giving you the confidence you need to choose foods and activities that you enjoy, in the least restrictive way you can going forward.
Whole-person, intuitive approach to gut health
The evidence is mounting to show links between gut health and mental health and wellbeing. What we eat can affect how we feel and how we feel, how active we are and what we’re doing day to day can all affect how our gut is working. This is very apparent in IBS and so a whole-person approach to treating it is recommended.
I use evidence-based nutrition science, tailoring it to provide advice that fits you and your needs and encompassing self care and body acceptance – ensuring that you’re looking after your gut and health as a whole in a way that suits you.
Price: £245.00 – monthly instalment payments are available on request if required and there are further discounted follow-up options available for those who’ve completed these sessions.
Blog posts you might like:
What’s the deal with FODMAPs?
5 top tips for vegan FODMAPs
Fermented foods – gut friend or foe?