19 Dec Last Minute Christmas Hit List
Are you the type who’s done already? Have you not even started? A few last minute things left to buy? Read on for some last-minute ideas that’ll be here before Christmas …and an extra-special gift for you..
For those well-established Brightonian vegans, newly converted vegans or the niece / nephew you’re just not quite sure what to buy, I’ve got just the thing this Christmas:
Vegan Nutrition and Cookery Masterclass
I’m very excited to announce the release of the early-bird tickets for our new Vegan Nutrition and Cookery Masterclass starting on 29th January 2018.
The 2-hour workshop includes:
- Cooking up 3 delicious vegan dishes with myself and Anna – our specialist cookery teacher with over 20 years of experience teaching vegan cookery. Plus we all get to sit down and eat together at the end – the best bit!
- A nutrition session covering all things vegan, including: healthy eating basics for vegans, protein and micronutrient swaps, any health implications of avoiding meat and dairy, practical tips to get what you need from your daily diet, supplements, and things you just don’t want to be missing out on.
- A Q+A session with me to answer all of the burning questions you have about vegan nutrition and nutrition in general.
- All ingredients and aprons are provided
- There’s also a kickass Kombucha mocktail (or non-Kombucha if ‘booch ain’t your thing) and a recipe goodie-bag to take home with you.
We can also provide recyclable take-away tubs if you want to take some of your fine vegan fare home to share.
Our Early-bird offer is only £25 – that’s £10 off the full price and less than a meal out for two if you wanted to go too. Plus you don’t have to wait for postage, just print it out and stick it in a card. Winner.book now
For those last-minute stocking fillers that you don’t have the time to pop out and shop for, I’ve compiled a list of goodies below. They’re all available all to arrive before xmas.
These are Amazon affiliate links but this doesn’t cost you anything at all – if you buy through the link it means that I might get a few pennies to go towards running this site.
To give the gift of body acceptance and start changing the conversation about diet culture
Body Positive Power: How to stop dieting, make peace with your body and live – she’s brilliant, the book is just brilliant – everyone should read it.
Health At Every Size – to start changing the way we look at weight, dieting and health
Big Girl Fit – Louise Green and how to get moving in a way that makes you happy
Intuitive Eating – the book that changed it all
Intuitive Eating Workbook – with worksheets and assessment tools
The Angry Chef – The truth about healthy eating from a biochemist chef who’s had enough of nutrib*llocks (complete with lots of swears)
For the Dietitian or Nutritionist in your life
Eat Clean to get Lean – Mr Men Parody – with tongue firmly in cheek, a perfect RD secret-santa gift!
Some of my favourite cookbooks:
Thug Kitchen – Eat like you Give a F*ck – vegan kitchen wizardry that’s not just for vegans
Jack Monroe – cooking on a bootstrap – this book is AMAZING, no-nonsense classic recipes. I cook something from it / adapted from her awesome ideas at least once a week.
Cook for Syria (NOT an Amazon link) – a collection of tasty Syrian-ispired recipes and all proceeds go towards Unicef’s work protecting children in Syria and Jordan.
Tofu Press with soya beans (I have one of these myself and I love it. Not only is making your own tofu a bit like alchemy, it also reduces plastic packaging.
Chilly’s Water bottle – or any re-usable bottle really, we don’t need to be buying so many plastic water bottles.
Last, but absolutely not least – don’t forget to look after yourself
Click here to grab your copy of the Ultimate Guide to Guilt-Free Holiday Eating, featuring fantastic advice from a host of non-diet dietitians, therapists and nutritionists.
I’m super-happy to have been able to contribute to this guide, a massive thanks to Christin Morgan, RD for putting it all together.